The Syndesmosis TightRope® XP implant system features a unique delivery mechanism that allows surgeons to insert the implant without pulling a needle through the medial skin. Tensioning handles and a new trocar-tipped drill bit have been added to the implant system. It is available in stainless steel and titanium.
Advantages of the Syndesmosis TightRope implant system:
• Improved reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws1
• Improved maintenance of reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws2
• No need for routine implant removal
• Supports early weightbearing and accelerated rehabilitation1
• Allows for physiologic motion of the syndesmosis following reduction and fixation
• Improved patient outcomes compared to syndesmosis screws3
1. Naqvi et al. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40(12):2828-2835. doi:10.1177/0363546512461480.
2. Cottom et al. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2009;48(6):620-630. doi:10.1053/j.jfas.2009.07.013.
3. Laflamme et al. J Orthop Trauma. 2015;29(5):216-223. doi:10.1097/BOT.0000000000000245.