The Syndesmosis TightRope implant system provides fixation of syndesmosis disruptions with or without associated ankle fractures. The Syndesmosis TightRope implant system consists of a #5 UHMWPE, which when tensioned and secured between 2 metallic buttons and placed against the tibia and fibula, provides physiologic stabilization of the ankle mortise.
Advantages of the Syndesmosis TightRope implant system:
• Improved reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws1
• Improved maintenance of reduction when compared to syndesmosis screws2
• No need for routine implant removal
• Supports early weightbearing and accelerated rehabilitation1
• Allows for physiologic motion of the syndesmosis following reduction and fixation
• Improved patient outcomes compared to syndesmosis screws3
1. Naqvi et al. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40(12):2828-2835. doi:10.1177/0363546512461480.
2. Cotton et al. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2009;48(6):620-630. doi:10.1053/j.jfas.2009.07.013.
3. Laflamme et al. J Orthop Trauma. 2015;29(5):216-223. doi:10.1097/BOT.0000000000000245.