- Ref. #: VID1-001200-en-US
- Version: A
- Duration: 00:02:36
- Publication Date: 11/24/20
- Audio available
- Available in High Definition
- Presenter: David Alan Friscia, MD
AmnionXpress™ Percutaneous Delivery of an Amnion Streamer Into the Achilles Tendon
David Alan Friscia, MD (Rancho Mirage, CA), demonstrates the percutaneous delivery of a strip of Arthrex Amnion™ matrix to the Achilles tendon using the AmnionXpress™ delivery device. This device allows for the precise delivery of an amniotic tissue strip directly to pathologic tissues. The natural properties of amniotic tissues help provide an anatomic barrier to aid in providing mechanical protection, while proprietary processing retains nutrient-rich growth factors essential for signaling.1-3
1. Rowlatt U. Intrauterine wound healing in a 20-week human fetus. Virchows Arch A Pathol Anat Histol. 1979;381(3):353-361.
2. Coolen NA, et al. Comparison between human fetal and adult skin. Arch Dermatol Res. 2010;302(1):47-55.
3. Riboh JC, et al. Human amniotic membrane-derived products in sports medicine: basic science, early results, and potential clinical applications. Am J Sports Med. 2016;44:2425-2434.