- Ref. #: VID1-00875-EN
- Version: A
- Duration: 00:22:38
- Revision Date: 1/12/17
- Audio available
- Available in High Definition
- Presenter: Stephen S. Burkhart, MD
- 1. Preparation of Greater Tuberosity Footprint (01:44)
- 2. Excavation of Remaining Rotator Cuff (02:28)
- 3. Preparation of Superior Glenoid (05:38)
- 4. Insertion of Glenoid SutureTak® Anchors (07:30)
- 5. Insertion of Medial Humeral SwiveLock® Anchors (09:10)
- 6. ArthroFLEX® Graft Measurement and Preparation (10:17)
- 7. Add Third SutureTak® to Superior Glenoid (11:30)
- 8. Retrieve Sutures and Load the ArthroFLEX® (12:13)
- 9. Insert the ArthroFLEX® and Fixate Medially (16:00)
- 10. Fixate the ArthroFLEX® Laterally (18:45)
- 11. Margin Convergence Posteriorly and Anteriorly (19:40)
- 12. Rehab Protocol (21:36)
Stephen S. Burkhart, MD, (San Antonio, TX) performs a live Superior Capsular Reconstruction (SCR) in a patient with a massive irreparable supraspinatus tear, but no glenohumeral arthritis. He shares numerous pearls on patient positioning, portal placement, recognizing and excavating any remaining rotator cuff tissue, and bone bed preparation on both the superior glenoid and humerus. Dr. Burkhart details the measurement, preparation, insertion and fixation of an ArthroFLEX®* acellular dermal matrix, including side‐to‐side fixation to the remaining infraspinatus posteriorly and to the comma tissue anteriorly. Lastly, he shares his rehab protocol.
Note: This video has been chapterized for easy navigation to specific portions of the case.
*ArthroFLEX is a registered trademark of LifeNet Health.