- Ref. #: VPT1-00875-EN
- Version: A
- Duration: 00:04:48
- Revision Date: 5/10/17
- Audio available
- Available in High Definition
- Presenter: Norman E. Waldrop III, MD
Norman E. Waldrop III, MD, (Birmingham, AL) discusses his experience with using the InternalBrace™ ligament augmentation for patients with lateral ankle instability repair. This procedure includes the use of the knotless BioComposite™ SwiveLock® suture anchors and FiberTape® sutures which strengthen the native ligament repair of the ATFL to ~250 N (Native ~150 N).1 The InternalBrace™ ligament augmentation has been used successfully in patients for more than 5 years with reports of early return to daily activities.2,3
1. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2014;42(2):405-411. doi: 10.1177/0363546513510141.
2. Arthrex Research and Development. CC1-00028-EN_A. 2017.
3. Orthopedics Today. 2015;35(8):28.