Arthrex Celebrates National Intern Day 2022
National Intern Day is dedicated to recognizing the accomplishments and achievements of the future leaders of the world. It serves as an opportunity for employers to thank their hard-working interns on the last Thursday in July.
This summer, more than 100 interns and co-ops joined the Arthrex team at all U.S. locations, giving students the opportunity to explore a vast array of career opportunities and maximize their potential. Read on to learn more about their experiences and the contributions they are making to health care product innovation that is Making People Better.
What made you want to intern at Arthrex?
“I was drawn to Arthrex because they truly want to help college students develop in careers they are passionate about.”
- Samantha Parker, Inc. HR Intern; Florida Gulf Coast University Class of 2022 Business Management Major
“When I toured the Arthrex facility and heard employees' experiences, I realized that I loved the company culture at Arthrex and was inspired to apply for an internship.”
- Lady Ramirez Molina, Inc. Clinical Research Intern; Florida Gulf Coast University Class of 2022 Health Administration Major
Is there anything about your internship experience at Arthrex that surprised you? If so, what?
“Arthrex encourages coworker camaraderie which is very different from typical corporate jobs. Arthrex's culture is the type of culture I want to be a part of.”
- Ethan Parker, Arthrex Logistics Center (ALC) Field Logistics Services Intern; Middle Tennessee State University Class of 2025 Finance Major
“I was surprised by the overwhelming support I received from Arthrex employees. I feel comfortable asking anyone at the company a question, regardless of department.”
- Abby Lembo, ALC Customer Service Intern; Florida Gulf Coast University Class of 2023 Entrepreneurship Major
What has been the highlight of your internship experience at Arthrex?
“The highlight of my internship at Arthrex is that every day is a new adventure. One day I could be meeting with a surgeon in the lab and the next, I could be meeting with my team offering my opinion on the subject matter.”
- Mateo Golloshi, Inc. Shoulder Arthroplasty Intern; Georgia Institute of Technology Class of 2023 Biomedical Engineering Major
“The highlight of my internship has been networking in the Arthrex community through the bowling league, Learning and Development classes and all the various intern events.”
- Brooke Bell, Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. East (AMIE) Environmental Health & Safety Intern; Grand Valley State University Class of 2022 Occupational Safety and Health Major
How has your Arthrex internship prepared you for your future career?
“Being responsible for high-priority assignments has made me feel prepared and excited to start my career.”
- Rick Jeletic, Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. South Carolina (AMISC) Operations Intern; Clemson University Class of 2023 Electrical Engineering Major
“My internship has provided me with professional experience learning new terminology, technology and protocol.”
- Mirielle Peauroi, Arthrex California Technology (ACT) Test Engineering Intern; UC Santa Barbara Class of 2024 Electrical Engineering Major
What is the biggest takeaway from your Arthrex internship?
“Learning how to operate professionally on a day-to-day basis and taking pride in my work has been the biggest takeaway for me.”
- Joshua Merriner, ALC Global Transportation Intern; University of North Carolina at Pembroke Class of 2023 Business Administration - Management Major
“The biggest takeaway from this internship is that that there is always more to learn at Arthrex!”
- Cullen Flynn, ACT Systems Engineering Intern; University of Colorado at Boulder Class of 2022 Mechanical Engineering Major
Arthrex is celebrating National Intern Day all week with a Corporate Olympics event and a variety of social media posts highlighting the achievements of our interns and co-ops. Follow Arthrex on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram and be sure to like and share.
Learn more about internship opportunities at Arthrex.