Pointers & Pearls: Superior Capsular Reconstruction (SCR) Using Knotless SutureTak® Anchors
Featuring Christopher Adams, MD
Vice President of Global Education
Chris Adams, MD, provides pointers and pearls for SCR repair with knotless SutureTak anchors for medial graft fixation, featuring tips on glenoid anchor insertion, ArthroFLEX®* dermal allograft suture passage, graft delivery and final construct:
Glenoid Anchor Insertion:
- Spinal needles can be used to identify the angles of anchor insertion to span the superior aspect of the glenoid to avoid convergence of the anchors and glenoid face perforation.
- Three knotless SutureTak anchors are inserted percutaneously and their suture limbs remain outside the corresponding portals.
ArthroFlex Dermal Allograft Suture Passage:
- A 12-mm PassPort Button™ cannula is used to help with suture management and also smoothly deliver the graft into position.
- The FiberTape™ sutures are retrieved first and passed through their prepared locations on the graft.
- Each knotless SutureTak suture and shuttle loop is retrieved out the cannula. The suture is passed in a mattress configuration through the graft then loaded into the shuttle loop and pulled through the anchor and back out of the corresponding portal.
Graft Delivery and Final Construct:
- A controlled delivery, tensioning each knotless SutureTak suture strand, removing slack until the graft is secure to the glenoid.
- An anterior lateral side-to-side stitch is passed between the rotator cuff cable and graft without over constraining the shoulder.
To view the cadaveric video highlights, visit www.arthrex.com/SCR-KLST
*ArthroFLEX is a registered trademark of LifeNet Health.